My daughter sprayed my polished wood table with Windex. Then she proceeded to try and clean it up with a baby wipe. What's left now is the texture/pattern of the wipe embedded in the dried Windex (I think!)
I found this link on wood finishes...
I was reading about linseed oil and I remembered once reading that linseed oil can self ignite if oily rags are left laying around, I would put them outside in a metal bucket or somewhere where they can dry out and wouldn't do any damage if they caught fire.
As a matter of fact, if you needed to start a fire and couldn't here is a link that tells you how to start one with linseed oil and rags. Wow!
Make sure the metal bucket is large, that you dry out the rags in, and they are not stuffed in there with no air, this is a sure way to start a fire.
Actually it was the windex that caused the dammage. You cannot get windex on wood because it distroys the finish. You will have to refinish your wood or have it done. Read the lable before you use any product. Windex tells you not to use it on wood.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!