Salmon (Mackerel) Gravy

I make salmon gravy with mackerel. First make your gravy and debone the mackerel. Use your hands and break the mackerel up and add to the gravy. You can use the juice too but I do not like to use it. My family grew up on what they call salmon gravy. it was really mackerel gravy and they love it. Served with hot biscuits is great.

Anna Marie

How do you make the Salmon Gravy? I've never heard of it. I'm from New Orleans and prefer canned salmon since that is what we had when I grew up and it's cheaper down here than "fresh" salmon. Could I use canned salmon instead of fresh?

How do you make the gravy? What are the ingredients? How do you cook it? I make brown gravy with broth, chicken gravy with chicken broth, and sausage/milk gravy with milk and fat. So which one is it? If this is the "recipe," then where are the ingredients and instructions?

Mackerel Recipes
Food and Recipes Food TipsMay 27, 2009
Homemade Gravy
Thickening Homemade Gravy
Photo of brown gravy on a turkey sandwich.
Homemade Brown Gravy Recipes
Plate of food covered in gravy.
Gravy Making Tips and Tricks
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes