Footprint Butterflies

Kids will love it when they get to use their feet to make these cute butterfly prints. No matter the age, all feet will get a tickle from the paint being applied to their footsies. So much fun!

Approximate Time:

• paint
  • paint brush
  • paper

1. Set up work area with newspaper to cut down on the mess that could happen with this project.
  2. Paint the bottom of one foot of the child. For really young children, this works well when they are sitting in the high chair.
  3. Press the foot of the child onto the paper on the opposite side to make the first footprint. For example, if you are painting the right foot first, place it on the left side of the paper.
  4. Clean the foot already used and paint the bottom of the other foot of the child.
  5. Press their foot onto the paper to create the footprint that makes up the other half of the butterfly.
  6. Allow to dry.
  7. Add a body and antennas if you wish.

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

Thanks! Great Idea! I can't wait to make one of these with my 6 year old granddaughter!

I love this idea.

What is the best type of paint to use for this project? I love the idea!

Neat idea! I am going to try this tomorrow with my 4 yr old boy and then send a little butterfly off to his grandma 1000 miles away! Neat!

Butterfly Crafts for Kids
Butterfly Crafts for Kids
Crafts Crafts For KidsMay 19, 2009
Monarch butterfly on orange flower.
Attracting Butterflies
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Green Valentine's Day Ideas
Pink baby footprint.
Craft Ideas Using Baby Footprints