Make Your Own Kitchen Towel Rack

I recently got tired of opening my cabinet doors under the sink to have my hand towel fall off. I came up with a great idea. I went to Walmart and got 2 over the door coat hooks. I slipped them on the "junk drawer" (you can also use a cabinet door) and put a leftover leg support from those plastic shelf units you put together. If you don't have that, you can use an old dowel, or anything that is round and fits inside the cooks.

You can also use it for things like your rolling pin, (inside the cabinet if you choose). It can be a nice paper towel holder, great for guest towel over the bathroom door, or for wrapping paper or ribbons (the dowel would need to be smaller in diameter) in the craft room.

Since the hooks are separate, you can make them as far apart as you want, but keep in mind too far might need a third one in the middle. My drawers are on the gliders, so it won't close all the way, and you have to keep that in mind if you have the old fashioned wooden doors or drawers. Enjoy!

Source: This was my idea and started out to be for a towel rack over my shower doors, but the hook wasn't wide enough. So, I tried it over the bathroom door, but not only was it too tall, but the door wouldn't shut. So, I thought "towel...lower door" and viola!

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Well now, that's a great idea! I usually hang mine on the oven door but I'm constantly knocking it off. This might work for me! Thanks!

I'm going to try it too! I think I will use my rolling pin. Thank you for this idea!

Super idea! Never thought of that. Might just try it out myself.

what a wondefully clever idea. thank you for sharing it

Great Idea! Thanks for sharing. Ahuva

Great Idea !

Thank you for sharing.

In addition to drying and comfort, towel warmers actually help the environment. If you are concerned about "going green" and using less energy, warmers on average use less electricity. According to Warmrails, a company that specializes in towel warmers, their warmers use only about 10% of the wattage of a clothes dryer. Not only does the drying rack keep laundry usage down, using one can actually save money in energy usage cost.

http://www.made-in-china.com/produc ... hot-china-products/Towel_Warmer.html

Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenJune 26, 2008
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄