Healthy Apple-Walnut Muffins
If you are looking for a healthy snack or breakfast, give these muffins a try.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 rounded tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. frozen, thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. oat bran
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 small granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 12 thin slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 12 standard size muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix together eggs, apple juice and buttermilk.
- Stir flour mixture and oat bran into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Gently stir in chopped apples and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling cups 2/3 full.
- Garnish each muffin with an apple slice.
- Bake muffins until lightly golden and tops spring back when pressed, 25 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly. Turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 1:26:45 AM on 10.0.0.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us