Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
February 16, 2021
I like low sugar recipes, and I always post my successes. This has an optional cinnamon sugar topping, which will post but did not use to save calories.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped apples
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave milk until it is lukewarm, or have at room temperature. Add 2 tsp. vinegar and let stand 10 minutes to sour.
- Microwave the coconut oil to liquefy it.
- Whisk the milk, oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- If you are going to use the topping, melt the butter, add the sugar and cinnamon and spoon over the tops.
Bake 15 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
October 17, 2007
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into greased 12 cup muffin pan.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.