Healthy Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
I like low sugar recipes, and I always post my successes. This has an optional cinnamon sugar topping, which will post but did not use to save calories.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped apples
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave milk until it is lukewarm, or have at room temperature. Add 2 tsp. vinegar and let stand 10 minutes to sour.
- Microwave the coconut oil to liquefy it.
- Whisk the milk, oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- If you are going to use the topping, melt the butter, add the sugar and cinnamon and spoon over the tops.
Bake 15 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.