Keep Medications and Water With You

After I missed taking my medicine on time a few days when I was away from home, I realized that I had to do something. Now I take along a bottle of water with me wherever I go and have one of those little "daily pill containers" with single doses of my medications in it.

If I'm in the car, the store, the restaurant, or wherever, I can take my medicine without having to stop for water or bother anyone else with it at all. I have had to cut short my shopping expeditions too many times, just to get home, and still I'd be late and off schedule. No more.

I'm probably the last person in the world to finally learn this, but I'm an "old dog" and it takes me longer to learn a new trick these days.

By pookarina from Boca Raton, FL

Oh, Pookarina, you are a card! I know this tip will help a lot of folks who take meds on a schedule. I'd only add, if the med has to be taken "with food," keep a pack of snack crackers or something easy and portable on hand, too.

An excellent addition to my submission JustPlainJo.

Thank you for it. I'm going to buy some of those little packages of peanut butter crackers that I like anyway. It'll give me another excuse to eat them.

I just hate having to watch a clock for something like a pill, but they are becoming more necessary

than ever these days. Thanks again Jo.

Pookarina / Julia

What a great idea, and "No Pookarina, you are not the last person in the world to think of this". Sorry,

I may have that distinction for I honestly never thought of doing this. I'm a diabetic, and I don't have to take the insulin shots, thank goodness, but I do have to take the oral meds twice a day.

It's especially tiresome to have to remember when we're traveling to stop just to buy a drink to take the meds (20 minutes prior to a meal) then wait around to eat.

From now on, I'll be taking water with me everywhere. It's just so simple and I never thought of it. Maybe I would have eventually, but you've saved me time. Ha-ha. Thank you.

And should I ever have to take meds with food, I'll remember to take along some crackers as well. Another thank you for JustPlainJo.

Whoever said that two heads are better than one? They were right, huh?

MisMachado

Hey Pookarina,

Count me in "The Old Dog's Club"

This is a really good idea as is the crackers.

Thanks Ladies.

ww

Another old dog thanks you. I hate trying to juggle the timing of medications I've missed.

I have an adult child that has to take meds at the lunch hour and at 4 30. I usually have the meds but not the water. Thanks for posting this, maybe I will eventually learn to take the water too!

Blessings,

Robyn

For your information, carrying medications around with you that are not in its original container with the prescription on it is illegal. You can be charged with possession of a controlled substance or other drug related crime. Just be careful.

Organizing Medication
Organizing Medications
Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsJuly 15, 2010
Homemade Water Guns
Homemade Water Guns
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄