Dry Erase Marker Stains on Clothing

How do you get dry erase marker marks out of clothing?

By Glenda from Belleville, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Murphy's Oil Soap removed an old blue Dry Erase Marker stain from a brand-new soft pink cotton blouse. I had tried to pre-soak it and had washed it many days earlier and let it dry. The stain was a bit faded but still very noticeable. I just tried the Murphy's soap with a white towel below and dabbed with a paper towel, moving around on the towel. The blue stain was tranferred to the towel below until it was completely gone from the blouse. There is no trace of stain on my blouse.

Wow! the sunscreen worked. My 3 year-old daughter got blue dry erase marker all over her new dress from Macy's, of course it matches her sister's so I was devastated. My DH said he took care of it when we got home which meant he sprayed it with Spray and Wash and set it on the dryer where it sat for weeks heating and reheating. I tried scrubbing, rewashing, Murphy's Oil Soap, rewashing and then MOS again, but using white paper towels and expired Water Babies Sunscreen worked. It took some elbow grease, but the stains are out! Thx spicmom for the post.

The Murphy's Oil Soap worked for me. My 16 month old got an expo marker from her oldest sister (yes, the 13 year old gave her an OPEN expo marker) and she got it over her other sister's comforter. I tried to spray it with Shout, and that did not work. The Murphy's Oil Soap took it out, even after washing it. I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and had a clean towel underneath to absorb the color.

Using a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.

Answer

Removing Dry Erase Marker Stains on Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsFebruary 18, 2010
Wet Erase Marker
Removing Wet Erase Marker Stains
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers on White Background
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Chalk Board
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 10:07:23 PM on 10.0.0.49 in 276 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.