Washing Microfiber Cushion Covers

Can I wash my microfiber cushion covers in the washer on the delicate cycle? They seem to have water rings on them when I wipe them.

By rcain

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I think so. Gentle cycle as you said, luke warm water, maybe even let them soak so don't have to be agitated much. Regular detergent I'd guess, not too much, but enough. Air dry until almost dry, then dry on cool.

I'd try, unless there was microfiber with leather like parts.I've washed a lot of covers of different kinds, and as long as it had a zipper I gave it a go. Never ruined any.

I took my micofiber cushion covers off because I have a sectional and there was no way I was going to spend upwards of 130 dollars on a cleanning. My couch did not have any tags. I took the cushion covers off. Washed them inside out on delicate cycle on cold water with only a little detergent on them. Took them out inspected them ran them in the dryer, (although I turned the covers back the right way) dryed them on low heat and just before they we all the way dry I put them back on my couch. And it looks beautiful and they are soft.

I just recently purchased dark brown microsuede couch and love seat. My cat decided it was her litter box. I tried all the enzyme sprays, baking soda none of it worked. I checked the cushion pads themselves and the urine had not soaked threw the cushion cover.

So I got brave through the cushion covers in the wash machine on delicate with a small amount of whisk laundry detergent. I then hung them to dry for about an hour and then through them in the dryer on low heat for about 15 minutes. I took them out still a little damp and put them back on. Yes it is a little hard putting them back on, but no more cat urine smell and they look amazing! They look brand new and feel wonderful! I hope this helps!

I just washed my Red Microfiber cushion covers on my sofa and they turned out great. Perma press setting with cold water on the washer and low heat on the dryer, only took about 25 minutes of drying time. They turned out beautiful, no shrinkage at all. Now I can tell my daughter to do the same, by coincidence she bought exactly the same sofa and colour without seeing mine, we lived in different cities. She has 4 children so she has been thinking about having her set steam cleaned, no need.

I just washed my microfiber sofa cushion covers yesterday and they came out great and now my couch smells wonderful. I took them off the cushion, turned inside out, and washed on gentle with cold water and detergent. I didn't put them in dryer because I didn't want to chance shrinkage. Instead I immediately put them back on cushions and air dried them off the couch. I feel like I have a new couch!

So,This morning I got a microfiber sofa and love seat off of Craigslist for my mom, lightly used but was a little dirty and a very good deal.

Professional cleaning is just not in the budget right now so I started goggling how to do it yourself. I read and watched many how to's about only using vodka and/or rubbing alcohol. And i tried the rubbing alcohol method. It;'s was tedious and did not work well. The cleaning code on my set is "S only." and there was a big warning sticker that said "do not use water based cleaners. I felt overwhelmed. I cannot give mom a dirty couch.

Finally I snapped and said to heck with it. I took all the cushion covers off and tossed them in the washer. I ran it with regular Purex laundry soap, Gain fabric softer and Clorox2 color safe bleach alternative. Heavy duty cycle, cold water. I did NOT turn them inside out. I will tell you, I have a newer HE washer, the kind that does not have the center agitator. When they where done I put them in the dryer for 30 minutes on the delicate cycle. End result, They came out looking and feeling like new!

For the rest of the sofa & loveseat, I used the handheld attachment of my Bissell SpotBot, I mixed the carpet cleaner concentrate with water per instructions on bottle but just just a little less than suggested. Took about four hours to dry as it was pretty saturated when I was done.

Now that it is dry and the cushions are back on, it looks like Brand New! I am not sure what the big fuss was about. Now my mom is getting a like brand new living room set that only set me back $80.00! Now that's ThriftyFun!

Hi, I have a tan microsuede sofa and it's been fantastic but after 7 yrs it's getting skanky! I researched and found I could get the top pillows on/off pretty easily, so washed 1 on cold/warm gentle with just a bit of gentle soap. Dried gently until just damp and put them back on-worked Great! Did the rest the same way.

Now the *cushions* are much bigger and won't go on/off easily, so I'm going to clean those tops lightly with warm/light detergent with my spotbot (it's a Godsend!) and dry in the sun. Thanks for the tips, all!

Can I wash my microfabric in the washing machine?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureSeptember 22, 2009
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 1:40:29 PM on 10.0.2.203 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.