Low fat cheese and skim milk help to make this favorite dish heart-healthy.
1. Cook macaroni according to directions. (Do not add salt to the cooking water.) Drain and set aside.
2. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking oil spray. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
4. Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
5. In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6. Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings--Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 4 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 120 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!