Nonstick Meatloaf

Here's a tasty way to keep meatloaf from sticking to the pan. Line your pan with a couple strips of bacon before putting the meatloaf in the pan. It's not cheap, but it sure tastes good.

By Fisher

Another tip for meatloaf, put a couple of pieces of bread in the bottom of your loaf pan, it will soak up all the grease from the meatloaf.

I form it into a loaf and bake on top of the broiler pan. This way, the fat drips through and you have a "leaner" meatloaf. I line the bottom of the pan with foil and that makes for an easy clean-up.

Hello all. I have quit using the meatloaf pans and instead use my broiler pan. I shape the meatloaf and place on broiler pan that I have lined with foil underneath so the grease goes in the bottom of pan but in the foil. Makes for easy cleanup. Also, the meatloaf doesn't fall apart because I use seasoned breadcrumbs along with egg to hold it together. Enjoy!

parchment paper is good to..

(Posted via email)

Hello, I use onions under the meatloaf so it doesn't stick, much cheaper than bacon and tastes great as well.

Marie S. from Challis, ID

I too line my loaf pan with bacon. I watch the food network and the chef that hosted the show was doing this. She also topped the loaf with more bacon instead of a tomato based mixture! The chef was Paula Deen.

I tried it and everyone loved it. As far as fat or calories are concerned there really is not that much. I only laid a few slices on the bottom. It baked up nice and tender. I did not do the top however. Thanks, carla

Another note. I have never tried lining the pan with onions but I will. I love cooked onions! Carla

Meat Loaf
Meat Loaf Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJuly 13, 2006
Meatloaf
Stretching Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
Mini Meat Loaf
Muffin Tin Meatloaf Recipes
🎉
🎄