Sunshine and Mood

I would like to know why a person feels better when the sun doesn't shine.

By Julie from Kamloops, B.C.

Here is an article that explains how weather affects emotions.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1154/is_n4_v78/ai_8885309/

I always feel better when the sun is shining.

I also thought it was when the sun was shining. I grew up near Seattle, but I am the only one of my family of six that loves the rain and weather of the area. I now live on the east coast, but I will always love the Pacific Northwest, especially its weather.

If one is feeling low due to lack of sunshine, try exercise, even a brisk walk, or stretching while cleaning, or bike riding. It releases endorphins, which helps with mood. Also, I hear taking a multi vitamin helps (but always talk to your doctor about things that could also help).

Keep a positive attitude, surround yourself with upbeat things, listen to music that does not have depressing lyrics, funny movies, or documentaries on subjects that interest you. Friends are invaluable, too. Sometimes when we are feeling like we are up to our necks, our friends come by, and give us a hand, or an ear, or shoulder, and our burdens become lighter. Keeping a journal, whether writing in a book, or keeping an e-journal, just getting things out of our minds helps tremendously.

Weather related emotions is very real. I just thought I would throw in a dollar's worth of my two cents.

I really think it depends upon the person; I lived in the Northeast for over forty years and loved a good Nor'easter with the wind and rain; moved to Florida where it's sunny and hot nine months out of the year, enough sun, already!

I like it when the temperatures are down to 60 or below and it's windy and wet. Why, I don't know. It's just the way it is.

I enjoy rainy, gray days also. Today was like that, coincidentally. I live in eastern North Carolina where there are lots of sunshiny days. July is typically very hot and humid with temps generally in the mid to upper 90s. A few days in June were 100+ degrees in a row with one day being 103! So it's not just you who likes gray weather.

I love cool grey days! And a good heavy rain every few days is heaven.

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 15, 2010
smiley faces drawn on toes.
Putting Yourself in a Better Mood
Dealing With Mood Changes
Dealing With Mood Changes
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles
add tag to front
Making a "Basket of Sunshine"
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 7:51:07 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 965 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.