Using Leftover Candle Wax

I always have candle wax left in the bottom of my candle jars that does not get used. It is such a waste to toss the wax. I do save the jars. What can I do to use it? I've tried buying wicks, but it doesn't really work well.

By Shirley from Shepherdsville, KY

Best Answer

I have one of those ceramic containers that are made for putting wax in the top and a tea light or votive underneath. The wax melts in its compartment and the scent goes through the room. There are special wax pieces made just for this but I use chunks of wax left over from candles. Just put them in the freezer for a while and they break up easily. I'm able to use all of the wax that won't burn as a candle.

Best Answer

You can use leftover wax and dryer lint to make fire starters. Pour it in a cardboard egg carton and cut up. You can light the cardboard or add a sliver of paper or wood to light.

I place the candle jars on an electric cup warmer I bought for around $5. The wax melts and releases it's scent. I do this until the smell is gone. I bought a package of wicks from a craft store. I then put a wick in an empty candle jar and pour in the melted wax to make another candle. The candle will have different layers of colors from all the candle residue I am using up. Unfortunately, these "do it yourself" candles don't burn very well.

Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 18, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Reusing Candle Wax
Making Candles from Old Candle Wax