Using Leftover Candle Wax

I always have candle wax left in the bottom of my candle jars that does not get used. It is such a waste to toss the wax. I do save the jars. What can I do to use it? I've tried buying wicks, but it doesn't really work well.

By Shirley from Shepherdsville, KY

Best Answer

I have one of those ceramic containers that are made for putting wax in the top and a tea light or votive underneath. The wax melts in its compartment and the scent goes through the room. There are special wax pieces made just for this but I use chunks of wax left over from candles. Just put them in the freezer for a while and they break up easily. I'm able to use all of the wax that won't burn as a candle.

Best Answer

You can use leftover wax and dryer lint to make fire starters. Pour it in a cardboard egg carton and cut up. You can light the cardboard or add a sliver of paper or wood to light.

I place the candle jars on an electric cup warmer I bought for around $5. The wax melts and releases it's scent. I do this until the smell is gone. I bought a package of wicks from a craft store. I then put a wick in an empty candle jar and pour in the melted wax to make another candle. The candle will have different layers of colors from all the candle residue I am using up. Unfortunately, these "do it yourself" candles don't burn very well.