How to Make Recycled Taper Candles

Category Other
This is a guide about how to make recycled taper candles. Use up your leftover wax that wasn't enough to burn, but was bound to have a use some day, to make new candles.

This recycled wax candle making project takes about 3 hours.

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

A friend gave me a candle mold and I thought it would be a nice decoration UNTIL I looked around and found my stash of wax from the jar candles that I saved before recycling the jars. You know the stuff that wasn't enough to burn, but was bound to have some use some day.

1. Clean and lightly oil the tubes.
  2. Insert the candle wick. Using one of these methods:
    Spackle or clay the wick in place
    place paper clip in the other end of the wick to hold in place and center the wick in the tube
  3. Ad

4. Melt the scrap wax in a jar in a candle warmer or in a jar in a pan of water. **Caution on the stove this must be done as low as possible.**
  5. CAREFULLY pour melted wax into tubes. After a few minutes check to be sure you don't have to add additional wax, if the tubes are not sealed well enough.
  6. Patience. Wait two or three hours and remove Spackle or clay and gently pull wick and candle will pop out. If it doesn't pop in freezer for an hour.
  7. Ad

8. Trim wick on the bottom of candle.
  9. To level place on warm griddle and it will level.

Enjoy, but be careful wax is hot and must be respected.

Additional note: If you have melted candle wax, but not enough to fill another tube, check out the candle air freshener I sent in a few weeks ago recycled candle wax air freshener. As you can see in the picture for the current project, I made up a few chocolate scented angels.

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA