Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Painting The Inside of a Wine Bottle

Any ideas on how to paint the inside of a clear wine bottle, so that the end product is a kilned colored piece of glass. My friend makes cheese boards out of wine bottles and my favorite wine bottle is clear! I need some help troubleshooting a technique and what brand paint to use. I have a Michael's craft store at my disposal.

Dede from Macon, MO

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Isko12/12/2013

Ok, I have been experimenting painting insides of wine bottles. Latex paint won't stick (straight or diluted with thinner). Spray paint seems to be the best, but how do you deal with the blow-back? I have not tried the "water & Spray paint" method, but I will tomorrow.

By cecilia settle09/18/2009

First make sure your wine bottle is clean. Pour a cup of plain water in it. Spray paint a color on top of water inside. Swish it around and pour water out slowly while turning it round & round to create a basic pattern. Let dry. If you want marbleized colors : then, pour water in again. Add two different colors (or more) sprayed into bottle. While swishing around, pour water slowly while turning. Dry, continue until you are pleased.Dry...Final is to pour some polyurethane in and turn bottle all different ways to cover all paint. Let stand a day or two drying time. Will now be waterproof! Have made many, beautiful craft!

By Elizabeth Henson [2]11/16/2008

I have never done this. Maybe you could get some paint and put quite a bit inside the bottle, coat the inside by turning the bottle and let it dry and do a second coat. Hope this helps.