Venison Chili

Yummy Deer Stew Meat Chili! This is a great chili recipe I created. A little on the spicy side, but very good! I used a big wok for the whole meal.

Coat the wok with olive oil, add 2 1/2 lbs deer stew meat and lots of onions and some green peppers. Cook covered until meat is cooked, stir often and will need to add water to keep it good and moist. I added salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, cook (covered until done) on medium to low for a couple hours. Then I added 1 dry package of mild chili seasoning, 1 can of chili beans and 1 can of kidney beans, both with the juice. Let this simmer another hour or two until ready to eat.

This is so easy and a great flavor though a little spicy but not hot. You can top with shredded cheese if you want. Enjoy!

By Sharon from Hartland, Maine

I have been waiting for a good recipe for chili made from venison. I don't like the taste of venison, but I was given several packages of ground venison and didn't know what to do with it. Thank you so much. Barb

If you don't have venison use beef stew meat, hamburger, & a little turkey sausage, minced garlic, cumin & cayenne, stewed tomatoes & tomato sauce instead of pkg chili seasoning & thicken with masa, or ground tortillas or corn starch can add jalapeno for extra heat & add beans or not. Meat was simmered in 2 oz Jack Daniels & 1 1/2 cans of beer before adding the rest only with the sauteed onions, bell peppers & some chopped jalapeno. Try it & don't be afraid to change it up!

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChiliMarch 4, 2009
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
Venison Stew
Venison Stew Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili