Mixing Ground Meat With Venison
In this economy, even those of us that once had solid jobs have found ourselves out of work and needing to visit the local food bank to stretch our food dollars. Here in Missouri, frozen ground venison meat is often offered at food banks via a "share the harvest" program. Here are my thrifty tips for great uses of stretching meals using ground venison.
- Meatballs: Mix 50-50 with ground beef or pork in your favorite Italian or cocktail meatball recipe. My kids have not only NOT noticed, but asked why my meatballs are so tasty lately!
- Meat Loaf: Same as meatballs.
- Taco Meat: Again, mix 50-50 with ground beef with your taco meat seasoning for tasty tacos.
- Burgers: Mix with ground beef, pork, or turkey for burgers. I always mix a bit of Worcestershire and a couple tablespoons of water into my hamburger patties, along with some seasoned salt and pepper. The water and worcestershire make the juiciest burgers ever!
- Sausage: Ambitious sausage makers already know the many uses of deer meat for sausage.
By Matt Bilardo from Grain Valley, MO
CommentsRead More Comments
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
If you don't like ground pork, turkey or other various meats, I have an answer. We didn't like plain ground pork and we had ground venison.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.