Ice from Kenmore Elite Ice Maker Contains White Particles

My Kenmore Elite fridge has been great. I never had any problems with the water or ice dispenser. After the last PUR filter I replaced, I noticed that the ice (after melting) looked filmy with opaque floaties.

I did an experiment. Cup #1 -I filled a glass with just the filtered water. It looked pure and clear. Cup #2 -I filled just with ice. I let it melt and it looked gross afterward with filmy opaque floaties. Cup #3 - I put in ice and then water over it. I immediately looked at the glass and could see particles floating around and they were not air bubbles. After the ice melted I noticed the same filmy stuff, but not as much as the full glass of ice had (in cup #2).

Something is wrong with my ice maker as if it isn't getting the filtered water to make the cubes. Help.

By Claire from Los Angeles, CA

Call the place you got it from, good luck.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesMarch 5, 2010
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice