Old T-Shirts For Cleaning Windows

We live in an area where the air is not one of the cleanest. I love to have clean, sparkling windows to look out and let the light in. To keep them that way, I am cleaning them once a week, inside and out. I was using way too many paper towels, so I then went to using wadded up newspapers, but did not like the way the newspapers cleaned the windows.

I have a huge bag of my husband cotton T-shirts he has discarded, so I started using them to clean all my windows. I am so happy, my windows look great. I can wash and use the T-shirts again and again! Try it, you will find the T-shirts leave your glass spot and streak free, plus I am saving money and trees by not using paper towels.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

That's a great tip I'll also try it. One tip from me if you add tarragon vinegar to the water with what you're cleaning the windows, they'll sparkle even more.

Wow...once a week huh? My windows should be so lucky! I like terry cloth from old towels to clean glass with, but I do cut up old cotton t-shirts and hang them in the bathroom on the towel holder to clean our eye glasses with after spraying them with sparkle glass cleaner...they work great and are lint free. Every few days throw them in the laundry with the towels and replace with another piece.

Another one that works is the miracle cloths that Menard's sell. You don't even need to use cleaner - just water. They work great - just don't use fabric softener on them if you wash them in your machine after they get dirty.

I use a streak-free cloth, probably like the one from Menards. got mine over the internet. Here is a chance for you to try one free. Go to http://www.ultimatecloth.com:80/invitationOnly.html

and sign up for a free one. They are great ! ! ! !

I have good luck with the cheapest white vinegar and DRY newspapers. Just spray on the vinegar and wipe dry with crumpled up news papers. By the By, paper towels will leave scratches on eyeglasses. Just thought I'd pass that on. Great granny Vi

Hand holding a squeegee swiping soap off a window.
Cleaning Windows (Inside and Outside)
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsSeptember 17, 2007
Mobile Home Windows
Cleaning Mobile Home Windows
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
filters
Clean Windows With Coffee Filters
🎉
🎄