Ear Infection Treatment For Dogs

My dog had a constant ear problem (2 years) that even a round of antibiotics didn't cure. I tried every reasonable treatment recipe I could find on the net. I switched veterinarians and this guy knew the fix. People would come from the other side of the state to have him treat their dogs ears. It must be followed consistently, every day:

Step One: Put approximately one tablespoon (enough to fill their ear canal) hydrogen peroxide in their ear for seven days in a row. I used a long eyedropper.

Step Two: Put one tablespoon of rubbing alcohol in their ear for seven days in a row.

I cannot stress enough that this must be followed as written, do not combine both treatments at the same time. The hydrogen peroxide treats one type of infection and the alcohol treats another.

If your dog is yelping in pain take her to the vet and get antibiotics before starting this regimen. On the last day of treatment my dog actually wagged her tail. Pain free at last!

By dlginlove from MO

I have had my yelping dog to the vet for weeks with an earache and has been given antibiotic shots, pills, and ear ointment and has gotten worse. I started this treatment. How soon can we expect results?

I did something similar for my Bassett hound. He had an infection that was treated by the vet when he was a young dog. To keep it from reoccurring, when I would clean his ears I would drop a few drops of peroxide into his ear canals. He never got another infection. I would clean the upper areas with cotton balls dipped into peroxide. He lived a long life without any more ear troubles.

This site has a lot of info about dog ear infections, with some nice home remedies. My dog has allergies and had problems with his ears, but I use a combination of an herbal ear wash and Zymox, and it works well:

http://www.earcarefordogs.com/ear-cleaning/dog-ear-infection-home-remedy/

I read that if the dog already has infections, not to put hydrogen peroxide in his ears. It's been months of draining and constant treatments. Lot's of $! I'm ready to try this - but fearful it will hurt him.

Just be careful not to use alcohol or vinegar on dogs. If there's any scratches on their ears because it will sting like crazy. Another option that is effective and without danger of stinging - use Dr Dogs Ear Oil. It has natural antibiotic and pain reliever to fight dog ear symptoms from common ear yeast infections or to get rid of ear mites. Find it from DrDogs247.com

You do NOT need to use Peroxide and rubbing alcohol separately. It always helps to know why you're using what you're using so here it is: The H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) cleans the ear canal and the isopropyl alcohol dries it. So, you should use the two together as a concoction so the alcohol will dry the ear canal after it's wetted with peroxide. That's the entire reason you use both simultaneously!

If you only use peroxide it will keep the ear canal wet and you're not really gaining any ground. But when you use it with the rubbing alcohol it both cleans and dries the canal with the same treatment. I have no idea who told you not to use both simultaneously, but I was a Vet Tech and know you should use both at once.

Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
Pets HealthSeptember 3, 2010
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
Elephant Ear Plant
Wintering an Elephant Ear Plant
🎉
🎄