Use Cork Board to Organize Meat in Freezer

We hang a cork board by the freezer to organize the meat in our freezer. List each type of meat along one side of the board, such as Beef, Chicken, Pork. Under these categories we list such as chicken, boneless breasts leg quarters and ground. Next to each we place a push pin for each helping that is in the freezer. Such as bacon under pork one pin per pound of bacon. Under Beef, under ground beef we put one pin for each pound. When we buy ground beef we separate into pound packages or freeze into patties.

By looking at our board we know how much we have of each type of meat and know if we need to buy more when each type is on sale.

By Mari from Indianapolis, Indiana

This is a good idea. You don't have to have your freezer hanging open while you are looking to see what you have on hand. I tried to do this with a dry erase board but I found I wasn't updating when I added or removed items. I think the cork board/push pins would be more user friendly.

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

This is SUCH a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Organizing Your Cross-Top Freezer, Picture of an organized freezer.
Organizing Your Freezer
Food and Recipes FreezingApril 1, 2009
Cork Flooring
Installing Cork Flooring
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
finished reindeer 1
Making a Wine Cork Reindeer
Using Corkboard in the Kitchen
Using Corkboard in the Kitchen