Flies and Mosquitoes Have Taken Over Our Yard

I have swarms of flies, mosquitoes, and other flying insects in my backyard. We have tried yard guard and other pesticides, as well as baggies with water, with no results at all. The flies seem to come from the grass. We have moved the covered trash to the back of the yard. I am at a loss, they have taken over our yard.

Vicki from Houston, TX

Try sprinkling diatomaetous earth allover your yard. This will take care of everything. Also you must have some smell that is attracting the flies. If you have pets clean up their mess.

I had a fly problem and someone told me to plant Rue. A very ugly herb, however it works. I planted several plants around door and sidewalk and no more flies. I also have a couple of Mosquitoe Plants in front yard. Seems to help keep them down some.

One of my neighbors years ago had an ultraviolet lamp that they hung in the yard (and possibly turned on only at night). It made a lot of buzzing sounds at first, but a few weeks later, there were less and less bugs to be zapped.

Buy some fly paper rolls at the grocery store. They are 4 rolls in a yellow package. I can't remember the brand name but they are cheap, about $2 a package. You unroll the strips and hang them up. be careful not to touch the paper, its reallllly sticky. They have something that attracts flies. They work very well. When they get full just throw them away. I dont like smelly sprays and bait and these have no odor. I have put them up in my kitchen also when the flies are really bad.

What i do & it does work pretty good for me --- i spray the yard with soap water & any standing water i spray soap water in it. It stop the mosquitoes lava from hatching too. I use soap water for everything. It does work well on every bug you see. When the soap drys up on the the bug or what you want too get rid of they just start too die. I do put a little more soap in then i am suppose too use, but it works even on hornets & wasps. If you can catch the cabbage butterflys spray them too. Once a week i spray all my veggies with this. Hope it works for you.

Our yard is the same way. The only thing I do is wear bug repellent, sorry

My yard is also being attacked by flies. It's disgusting. They get in the house and we keep a clean house but it sure doesn't look like it with all the damn flies.. I wish I could get help on why.

Have you ever considered installing a bat house on your property? I think this is one of the most economical ways of reducing the mosquito population dramatically.

http://www.quazen.com/Recreation/Ou ... ntrol-A-Bats-Natural-Instinct.724249

Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Home and Garden Pest Control RepellantsJuly 23, 2006
Citronella bucket candle
Using Citronella to Repel Mosquitoes
Citronella
Mosquito Repellent Plants
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
🎉
🎄