AdviceDogs

Using Advantix on Dogs

I just got Advantix for my dogs, a doxie and a chihuahua. I bought the large dog size which was the same cost as the small dog size. I need to know what the drop to pound ratio is. Thanks.

By Grami2sami from Everett, WA

Be EXTRA careful!

READ THIS tip I posted:

http://www.thri  0064536.tip.html

Pets can easily be allergic to these! 4 months ago my cat almost died, it was touch & go for 2 days! Try one drop then wait a day. You can easily use much less that the recommended dose, then several days later give a bit more, then wait 2 or 3 days then give a bit more. I recommend giving half (or 1/3 dose) then waiting 2 weeks then giving half again, but never giving the hole dose all at once! (this way, you'll give it to your pet every 2 weeks instead of once a month). This is toxic stuff. Yes, this type of flea med is the best on the market, just be extremely careful.

According to my vet, many cats & dogs have seizures! It kills fleas by messing with their nervous system. Be sure to tell your kids to not pet this animal for one week & wear gloves when applying because it goes IN TO your skin. If you have another pet it may lick this off of the other pet. Keep them away from each other for 3 days or more. I will try the newer brand that just came out next time my cat gets fleas. It's called Revolution. I bet the make the same thing for dogs.

A Comparison of Popular Flea Medicines for dogs: www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=271

http://petprodu  flea_medications

PS. In case you guys didn't know this: If you give a cat a flea medicine made for dogs it will most likely kill them. I read this in Cat Fancy magazine.

Better to sprinkle dry 20 mule team borax into your carpet. 2 or 21/2 cups average size carpeted room. leave for 2 weeks before vacuuming. Natural. no fleas in house for more than a year.

I buy Advantage on eBay. I have a dachshund/cocker and she weighs 22 lbs. The instructions on this Advantage says to put .67 ml in a syringe (no needle) and place it between shoulder blades. I think that I will do half now, half later though because the fleas do have a toe hold in my house. Like the 20 mule team suggestion too. I have used salt and that works but just until more eggs hatch.

Thanks for the advice. I gave both dogs 1 drop yesterday and have had no problems. Thanks again

Are you able to use Advantix on dogs if there is a cat in the household?

Darlene from Niagara Falls, NY

Answers:

Using Advantix On Dogs

Yes. (09/22/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

Using Advantix On Dogs

Yes. Canine Advantix is the exact same thing as feline Advantix, except in a larger dose. (09/23/2008)

By chretienne

Using Advantix On Dogs

Yes you can use Advantix. According to my vet, just make sure that the cats do not come in contact with the dog until it's absorbed as it WILL harm the cats. We have a dog and two cats, and I use Advantix as Frontline doesn't work on him. Luckily, our cats stay pretty much away from the dog. (09/23/2008)

By Noella