Cilantro Lime Rice

This rice tastes yummy with just about every Mexican dish. You can include as an ingredient in chicken, beef, bean or cheese burritos. It would also be a good side with many whitefish or chicken recipes.

• 1 cup long grain white rice
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 6 thin slices of lime for garnish
  • salt to taste

Bring the rice and broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender; about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Fluff with a fork, garnish with lime slices, and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This looks tasty! I am always trying to come up with new flavors for rice and this sounds awesome. Can't wait to try and I am sure my family will love it.

This sounds really yummy. Going to try it as a side when I make tequila-lime chicken or shrimp!

Food and Recipes Recipes RiceAugust 2, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipes