Skylight Leaks

It seems as if my sky light is leaking occasionally. It only does it at certain times when it rains in different direction. I had it worked on one time, this resulted in messing up slanted ceiling, now other side doing it. It doesn't leak a whole lot, but still leaks. Do I need a new one? It is about 13 years old. Help.

By Joan from Girard, PA

It probably just needs a bead of caulk around it. Maybe even under the flanging. I see no need to replace it unless it is cracked or broken

We had the same issue with a couple of our skylights, ends up that the flashing needed to be resealed underneath the shingles. Resealing the lights might not be a bad idea either since you'll be on the roof anyway.

A leaky skylight.
Repairing Leaky Skylights
Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairSeptember 27, 2009
Skylight light with mini blinds.
Adding Shades to a Skylight
Man Looking at Radiator
Fixing Auto Radiator Leaks
Door Draft Stopper
Making a Door Draft Stopper
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning