Tide ColdWater Detergent Reviews

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the new Tide Cold Water detergent. Does it really clean the clothes as well (especially whites) by using only cold water? Or is it just a marketing ploy?

Teddygirl from WV

I don't know about Tide but I have used bargin brands of detergent and ONLY cold water for years and I have raised 4 boys---My clothes are always clean. I do put a little liquid bleach in with the white clothes.

I've used it and it seems to work. I always add just a little dawn dish detergent anyway, because that helps get out greasy stains. I've gone through one large container and just bought another one. Give it a try.

I use the Tide ColdWater all the time and my whites are white and the colors are bright, am very happy with it.

I have used the regular Tide with cold water for years and the clothes come out clean. The only thing I do is put the Tide in, let the water fill up alitte in the tub to be sure the Tide has disolved and then add the clothes. The only time I use hot water is with whites. So, I'm sure the new Tide will be just as good.

RoseMary

I have used Tide ColdWater for about a year or more and wouldn't go back to regular Tide. I find it cleans as well if not better than the original plus saves on energy. I do add a scoop of Oxiclean to each load because we have very hard water here and I've been using it for years but the ColdWater works just as well even when I've forgotten to add the booster.

I think it's probably a marketing ploy. I have used Tide for years and ONLY use cold water. With 4 kids I do alot of laundry and my clothes are clean. I always put a scoop of baking soda in the start of the wash - you can get large bags at Costco. It's suppose to help with cleaning and with deodorizing. I use oxyclean in an overnight soak for whites and they come out really white without the damage from bleach.

I use any liquid detergent with cold water and NEVER have a problem - I've been doing this for about 20 years! Saves on electric too.

Whether I use Tide or not, I always soak my whites for at least 30 minutes after a few minutes of agitation. Your clothes comes out sparkling white without using chlorine bleach. My son's white t-shirts look brand-new. And I always use cold water.

I work in a grocery store and it only sells when we have it on sale. Not a good thing, we usually discontinue that item. Sorry to be the blunt of bad news

I have always used cold water in my washer, it was a tip from my mother long time ago! I find the regular Tide does just as well as the "Coldwater" Tide and in fact, I like it better

i use it all the time Tide Cold water detergent is by far the best i have used. actually any tide detergent is great but i find cold water great because it cleans my clothes whites and all .. I have a messy 10 yr old who spills anything and everything on her clothes and they always come out clean and bright

I have a science project to do for school and I was wondering what statment is true,"does dish detergent clean clothes better than wash detergent or clockwise. Or does wash detergent clean dishes better than dish detergent. Thank you

maxmarytony AT yahoo.com

I just bought Tide Coldwater for the first time last week (because it was on sale). I do not have sensitive skin by any means and broke out in hives. So if you have sensitive skin I would recomend not using, if not (like me) just be cautious. It seems like a great product and wished it worked for me. I will continue to always wash in cold but will go back to my Gain detergent.

By the way, has anyone heard of a possible new ingrediant that they may added to make Tide Coldwater?

The best powdered detergent i have used in a very long time - my whites are whiter than ever. I am having trouble finding this product in the stores but it is definitely worth trying it out.

I gave tide coldwater as a x-mas gift to this sexy women, and she gave me the hug of a lifetime, it was like i gave her a rolex. I cant wait for her birthday, thank you tide coldwater.

After a few hours of wearing my clothes, they always get old and smelly. A quick wash in Tide Coldwater using HOT water (this is key) is all it takes to get my outfit extremely clean, and I'm ready to continue my day with confidence. It also keeps my clothes cleaner for longer. For example, I can get 3 hours out of a pair of jeans, where before, I'd only get 2. Thanks, Tide Coldwater!

Tho may sound as a good product for normal cleaning is the Tide original the detergent is also stated as "In 2006 the development of Tide was designated an ACS National Historical Chemical Landmark in recognition of its significance as the first heavy-duty synthetic detergent." so for good heavy, duty cold water is pretty good but for normal cleaning stay with original.

I just started using Cold Water tide and am now covered in hives. i googled "cold water tide causes hives" and found I'm not alone.. keep it in mind!

I was surprised at the excellent job this product does. We have very hard water and Tide regular didn't do the job on whites but Coldwater Tide is great.

I just went to CVS to buy Tide Coldwater and found that it had benn taken off the shelf. I have been to 5 CVS stores and find they have all taken it off the shelf.

I got hives. I do not recommend.

Yuck. I bought a bottle of liquid Tide Coldwater, "fresh scent," and found the smell so sickly sweet and strong that after the first load I'm never going to use it again.

I like the coldwater tide very much and it seems to do the job well, have been using for the last month or so. No one in my family experienced hives or anything and I personally have sensitive skin

I do like the cold water detergent, and , it does clean well. I have a question? why do you people have a star like Kelly Ripa advertise for you. Why don't you have a person that has used tide for years advertise for you? I feel that it is false advertising tp pay a celbrity to advertise for you.

Sincerely, Donna

I used the Tide Coldwater He Free and have never been so itchy before in my life. I had to find some previously washed clothes to wear. I was using liquid Cheer Free and Gentle He but it seems they have now added brightener to that as well and I can't use it now, either. I called Tide and they said to try the powder version but it's not easy to find. I'm desparately trying other types so I have clothes to wear.

This stuff is awful! Within a matter of days from washing my clothes and sheets I was covered in hives (never had them before or any other skin allergy) and my lips, eyes and tongue were swollen along with an insanely itchy scalp. I am in the process of trying to get rid of them over 2 weeks later and it is the worst. It makes me wonder what kind of chemicals are in this stuff - it cannot be good! Rewashing my clothes 2-3 times has not been enough to get the detergent residue out and so I have bought a few new outfits, pj's, sheets, underwear and towels and am hoping the hives will go away. What a total (and painful) nightmare.

My advice is to stay away from this stuff and any other concentrated detergent. Natural detergents are free of chemicals and are very gentle. We are exposed to enough chemicals and toxins from the environment and elsewhere, the last thing we need is to aborb them everyday into our skin from our clothes and from what I have read online, many people have experienced hives from concentrated Tide.

Laundry Detergent
Laundry Product Reviews
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsJanuary 1, 2006
Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄