Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes

When you don't have time to shampoo and wait for the carpet to dry, make your own dry carpet cleaner. This page contains dry carpet cleaner recipes.

A package of cornmeal.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have found that by mixing a ratio of 5 lbs white cornmeal and 2 lbs of cornstarch together will make a very nice carpet cleaner. I sprinkle it on using my small mesh strainer and scrub it in with a long handled brush. Wait at least one hour, 2 is better; and then vacuum it up. I was using an expensive dry cleaner and I found that this was better. No chemicals either. Safe to walk on and for pets.

By Sheila S

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a suggestion for a tried and true homemade DRY carpet cleaner?

Wanda Paul from Fincastle, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where do I get lemon essential oil, and is this just for scent? Can I use just plain lemon juice? Thanks

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Carpet RecipesMarch 14, 2012
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Hoover Carpet Cleaner
Repairing a Hoover Carpet Cleaner
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 12:34:42 PM on 10.0.1.206 in 476 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.