Crunchy Potato Balls
- 2 cups stiffly mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (or sausage)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
In a bowl, combine first 7 ingredients well. Add enough flour to make a stiff mixture. Chill for 30 minutes. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in flakes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot. Makes about 6 dozen.
Source: The Country Cooking Collection from Country Magazine,
Nancy Eash, Gambier, OH
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide