Cajun Beef and Vegetables

When beef roasts are on sale, I buy one large enough, usually 6 lbs., and cut it in half. One half I cook as a special Sunday Pot Roast dinner, the other half (3 lbs.), I cut into bite size (stew beef size) pieces and make this delicious Cajun Beef and Vegetables.

Ingredients

• 3 lbs. of the cut up meat from roast or already packaged stew beef
  • 1/2 lb of onions sliced
  • 1/2 lb. bell peppers, sliced
  • 1/2 lb. carrots, sliced
  • 3 lbs. of potatoes, diced
  • 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced or halved
  • 2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
  • 2 cans of tomato sauce

Directions

In a large skillet, heat a little oil and brown your pieces of meat. Add all vegetables except the mushrooms and cook until almost tender. Add the mushrooms and cook till almost tender. Add Cajun seasoning and tomato sauce, bring to a boil and sauce will thicken. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for about five minutes. Serve with rolls and you have a great meal.

Source: I found this recipe in May issue of the Savvy and Sage issue, a small magazine mailed out homes in the Rockwall, TX area.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats BeefJune 13, 2008
Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Recipes
Bowl of seafood gumbo.
Seafood Gumbo Recipes
canning beef
Canning Beef
Cajun Mayo
Cajun Mayo Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 2:58:32 PM on 10.0.0.118 in 993 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.