Mix and Match Frozen Soups

I have a tip that I have been doing for many years now. Every late fall through winter I enjoy making huge pots of soup and freezing it into individual containers.

Then when I want one, instead of having the same soup over and over again, I do some mixing and matching. One time, I might add some cooked chopped potatoes, one time some cooked noodles or rice. Or sometimes I'll thicken it and turn it into stew. Also I don't put the meat in it when I first make it either. This way I can mix and match that, too. I might put in some ground beef, or stew beef, or chicken or turkey. Also sometimes I might add some extra different vegetables too, like maybe some broccoli, or whatever.

Sometimes I'll even thicken it up and serve it OVER rice or noodles. This way I can make one pot, but have many different meals.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Anonymous

I never thought about mixing and matching the soups I freeze but certainly will experiment now :-) Great idea, Cricket!

What I don't see and would like to is the recipes for your basic soups that you freeze. In the summer I freeze a tomato soup that can become all manner or creatures, but I'd like to learn of some more. Thank you.