Mix and Match Frozen Soups

I have a tip that I have been doing for many years now. Every late fall through winter I enjoy making huge pots of soup and freezing it into individual containers.

Then when I want one, instead of having the same soup over and over again, I do some mixing and matching. One time, I might add some cooked chopped potatoes, one time some cooked noodles or rice. Or sometimes I'll thicken it and turn it into stew. Also I don't put the meat in it when I first make it either. This way I can mix and match that, too. I might put in some ground beef, or stew beef, or chicken or turkey. Also sometimes I might add some extra different vegetables too, like maybe some broccoli, or whatever.

Sometimes I'll even thicken it up and serve it OVER rice or noodles. This way I can make one pot, but have many different meals.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I never thought about mixing and matching the soups I freeze but certainly will experiment now :-) Great idea, Cricket!

What I don't see and would like to is the recipes for your basic soups that you freeze. In the summer I freeze a tomato soup that can become all manner or creatures, but I'd like to learn of some more. Thank you.

A bowl of homemade chicken soup.
Freezing Individual Portions of Soup
Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsNovember 5, 2009
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
painting a dresser
Painting Furniture to Match Your Decor
🎄