Cleaning With Hydrogen Peroxide

My best cleaning tip is hydrogen peroxide. I put it in a spray bottle and clean everything in my bathroom from sinks to toilets, chrome, and mirrors. It also sanitizes and kills germs. It is a real time saver for me, I just spray and wipe. Try It! I hope you like my tip.

Source: This is a tip a janitorial worker shared with me years ago.

By c4m2 from Portsmouth, VA

I keep a spray bottle of it to remove stains before laundry, as well as cleaning. I wish I had known how versatile it is when my children were little.

Pat

Great info. ALso removes blood from fabric without harming the fabric!!

If you put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle, make sure the bottle is opaque. It is light sensitive and loses much of its power to disinfect upon prolonged exposure to light.

I keep a spray bottle under the kitchen sink, to sanitize the counters. The other day I was putting away the drainer, for drying dishes - decided to give it a spray - OMG! If foamed up all over - YUK! So, I let it sit there a while, then w/ the hottest water, scrubbed it clean and gave it another spritz! There are so many things that carry germs, huh?

Does it discolor fabric the way that bleach does? I'm afraid to use diluted bleach because it may spray onto my clothes and ruin them. If peroxide won't do that, I think that I'll make it my cleaner of choice.

I have mystery stains on some of my cotton t-shirts. Probably grease stains or maybe coffee. Does the HP work on these type of stains if they are already set in? Also the shirts are dark colors will it fade in the spots?

Will it work on fiberglass tubs? Signed, desperate.

I ruined a nice dress once trying to get an ink stain out, I was amazed when I poured peroxide on it came right out.

If any of us have a sniffle, scratchy throat or stuffy nose, I put a dropper of Hydrogen Peroxide in each ear9at different times) and the more it bubbles, the longer you let it in...usually 5 min. will do. We never have colds. Got this advice from a doctor who treated my daughter for Scleroderma (no symptoms).

Hydrogen Peroxide is one of the cheapest and best cleaner/sanitizers you can buy. I use a lot of it. It's probably the best for removing blood stains. It does have a bleaching effect that is activated by heat, light (natural or artificial), and the addition of certain other chemicals. Common sense dictates that a test area be treated first before applying it to the whole surface.

As for treating cuts with hydrogen peroxide, I'm not in favor of it. A triple antibiotic would be much better (small tubes are often on sale at Wal Mart for 88 cents). If you insist on using hydrogen peroxide to clean wounds, be sure to use no more than 10 volume strength, and that should be diluted with 50% water. Always remember the old saying, 'If it's strong enough to kill a bug, it's strong enough to kill living tissue'.