Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Clean Shower with Cheap Shampoo

This is a great way to clean soap scum off your shower walls in a gentle, safe way that also makes it smell nice and you can even do it in the shower: Take a small sponge and some nice smelling gentle shampoo. Suds the sponge up real well, then wipe down all your walls with the sudsy shampoo. Let it sit a few minutes then rinse with warm water.

Your shower smells pretty, the soap scum is gone, and you don't have to use lots of harsh chemicals that are smelly and bad for you and the environment. Plus even younger kids that want to help around the house can safely do this and it's fun for them because they can "paint" with the foamy bubbles.

By ragingdarkwaters from Lakewood, OH

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Winona [1]01/28/2011

I have tried it, and it works.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Clean Shower with Cheap Shampoo

Put cheap shampoo in the shower with a plastic scrubber. Apply shampoo to the walls and wipe down with the scrubber after showering to prevent build up. Rinse and wipe dry. Cheap shampoo also works in liquid handsoap pump dispensers if you run out or just choose to do that to save money.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I have COPD, so I have to watch chemical scents and fumes. I found this out by experimenting. A coffee cup of hot water and 2 tablespoons Suave Strawberry Shampoo applied with a green scrub pad cleaned my shower walls. Rusty water stains just started sliding off the walls immediately, with a minimum amount of scrubbing. I poured the leftover water in the cup into the toilet. You would not believe this until you try it.

I used 2 tablespoons of shampoo again, and the rust stains of 5 or more years came completely out and the loo was as white as a brand new car that was waxed to the max. Makes you wonder what it has done to our hair all these years, doesn't it?

By connieb from Lake City, FL