Organizing Your Shower

Category Bathroom
Keeping your shampoo, conditioner, razor, etc. organized in the shower can reduce clutter and make it easier to clean. This is a guide about organizing your shower.

Place a rubber band around the top of your shampoo for easily tell the difference between your shampoo and conditioner while in the shower.

By Notwrong

If you're like me, and need reading glasses, you may not be able to distinguish the shampoo and cream rinse in the shower due to their similar appearance.

To keep the shower soap bar from slipping off its designated place in the shower, I cut a bar-sized triangle of rubber waffle drawer liner. It allows the soap to drain, but keeps it in place. When it wears out I cut a new one.

By Pat from Dunlap, TN

This is for people that wear glasses. So many times I have been in the shower and attempted to pick up the shampoo but discovered I had the conditioner (of course it was wasted at that time) I discovered two ways to not mix the bottles up. I have placed a large rubber band around the shampoo bottle to identify it. I have also used a large marker to put a large "X" on the shampoo bottle. I hope this will save someone from wasting as much as I did before marking the bottles.

By Diane from Myrtle Beach,SC

Answers:

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

I wonder if this will work for you, it's pretty simple. I also have a tough time seeing the difference in the shampoo and conditioner bottles. I take a marker and mark the bottles "1" for shampoo and "2" for the conditioner. (of course the numbers mean the order to use them in :) (10/26/2007)

By Simply Joyful

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

Too bad I didn't think of that back in the sixties, when one morning I brushed my teeth with Brylcream. (10/26/2007)

By the Oracle

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

I mark a large "S" on the Shampoo and a large "C" on the conditioner, works for me! (10/26/2007)

By Faye.

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

I found this solution by accident one morning about 15 years ago. I am farsighted and couldn't detect the difference between my shampoo and creme rinse. As I looked up to the shower shelf, water got in my eyes and - lo and behold - I was able to read both containers! The water actually acted as a lens and has worked ever since. (10/28/2007)

By sheilamay

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

This board is fantastic :) I never thought I would see this here and this is such a common thing. I grab the wrong bottle all the time then stand there and holler DOGGONEIT! lol I will sure mark them now, its wired how we don't think of the littlest things! I have to always put my glasses in the same place when I take them off or I cant find them! Once I had to call my husband home cause I couldn't find where I put them! lol (10/28/2007)

By Ariela

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

I'm so glad I use a 2 in 1! (10/29/2007)

By Roger

Mark Shampoo To Avoid Mistakes

You are all so smart! I've been struggling all these years looking for the bottle that has 2 o's! I happen to have a rubber band in the bathroom that's going on the shampoo bottle today! Besides being a marker, it's also easier to grip! (12/26/2008)

By Teri