Organizing Cords

Have lots of cords for your electronic devices, computer equipment, etc. and constantly forgetting which cord goes to what? I was until I came up with this simple solution.

I take the stick on labels that they sell to label your files with. Very inexpensive and easy to work with. I write what the cord is for on a small piece of the label, cover the label with tape. I use the clear plastic packaging tape because it's bigger and also sturdier--- and fold it over and secure it onto the end of the cord that plugs into the wall.

To make it easier, I use bright green ones for all my computer cords. Also, to make it easier to break down and re-plug in everything on the back of my computer tower, I put a label on the end of the cord that plugs into the tower, plus one on the other end that plugs into the device, and one on the tower itself and on the device where the cord goes in, plus a 4th label identifying what the cord goes to. All 4 of these are labeled with a number. This way, when I go to re-plug everything in, I know what cord goes to what and how and where to plug everything back in.

It used to be really frustrating for me whenever I had to take the tower in for repair or whatever, but now it only takes me a couple of minutes to set everything back up again when I get it home!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Good ideas! I'll take your advice and label my cords this way as well. With so many of them to deal with it gets very confusing as to which one plugs into which device or slot. I had folded masking tape around a couple of cords and wrote what they went to but didn't think to put clear tape over the masking tape and soon could not read what I'd written.