Homemade Fruit Roll Ups

How do you make homemade fruit roll ups?

By Amanda from Bristol, PA

Answers

I made 2 different kinds. The kind for small children who might choke easily. They melted in your mouth like an ice cream cone does. The other is the tacky sticky type you can buy.

Difference: one is cooked the other not. Cooked is sticky.

I took my fruit, pureed in blender. My base is always pear, then add the dominate flavor fruit you want. Saran wrap the dehydrator trays heavily and pour onto it. Let dry till how you want it.

Sticky ones like you buy are pureed and then cooked down. Then cooled slightly, do the same thing on the dehyrator trays, Saran them well.

Both kinds need to be cooled and then stored tightly to avoid super sticky messes if humidity is an issue. For the cooked kind, dust with cornstarch and shake off. Makes them managable. Won't need that if they kids make them disppear quickly.

Homemade Fruit Roll Up Recipes
Homemade Fruit Roll Up Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes FruitJune 28, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Cinnamon Apple Fruit Roll-Ups
Cinnamon Apple Fruit Roll-Ups
Tortilla Roll-Ups
Tortilla Roll-Up Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
🎄