Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

Keep an extra bar of soap unwrapped to let it harden while using another one. It will last much longer and you benefit from the nice smell.

By latrtatr from Loup City,NE

Top Comment

As it happens I have a whole pack of unwrapped bars of soap drying in the backyard! When they've been outside for a couple of days, I bring them inside and they sit in the closet, makes the closet smell good until it's time to use them!

Top Comment

All this feedback just makes me smile and think of my 4 year old self helping my Nana unwrap bars of Ivory soap to harden in the linen closet tucked behind the towels and sheets. And then bragging to my mother about 'helping' Nana save money.

To this day, I buy soaps on sale, unwrap and harden them. Even fancy gift soaps get the treatment in our house! It took us months to use up a well-aged soap-on-a-rope.

The bonus is that I think of my mother and grandmother every time I do this.

I have a big glass crock with a wood lid that I keep in my linen closet, filled with unwrapped bars of soap. The lid is not a tight fit, so air can get in to dry the soap but dust stays out and the soap stays organized. My mom used to keep hers in the bathroom in one of those 3 tier wire mesh baskets that hang from the ceiling.

Store them in your lingerie drawer. Gives everyting a nice perfume:-))

Red bar of soap
Storing Bars of Soap
Better Living Frugal Living TipsMay 4, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale