What Size Stretch Cord Is Used for Making Beaded Bracelets?

Could you advise me on what size magic (stretch) cord I use for making beaded bracelets?

By Joanne

Answers

I use .7mm for most projects, the 1mm usually is too big for smaller beads. Some brands have .8mm which is good too. I have had trouble with the .5mm breaking so I don't buy that anymore. I have found after years of beading that it also matters what brand you buy. I like Beadalon the best. The cheaper brands tend to fray or break easily, and it really is horrible to have finished a bracelet and have it break when tying the knot with beads flying all over the place. I have tried the beading 'floss' which is okay, but I thought it frayed some as it is flat like dental floss. Be sure to use a 'surgeons knot' when tying it off, it holds perfectly.

http://www.netknots.com/html/surgeons_knot.html

I also love memory wire for bracelets, it stays permanently coiled and you can make multiple strands on one bracelet. I bought the special memory wire cutter as it is so hard it will ruin regular wire cutters. This is a picture of a memory wire bracelet.

Making a Bead Bracelet
Bracelet Craft Ideas
Crafts BeadworkFebruary 23, 2011
pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Kandi Cuff Bracelet
Making a Kandi Cuff Bracelet
🎉
🎄