Can I Freeze Kale?

I bought a bag of kale yesterday and used part of the bag in soup today. Can I freeze the other part of the bag? I am actually disappointed with the soup. It needs something else and I can't figure out what it is but not more kale.

Sandy from Baltimore

Best Answer

Blanch it for a few minutes. It can be frozen like spinach or any other vegetable.

Best Answer

Refrigerate the kale and blanch it tomorrow night.

Add some sliced almonds and a little chili pepper or chili powder to give it a little "punch." Mix with a small amount of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar and you've got a wonderful side dish.

You might want to try sprinkling some cayenne pepper and chili pepper in your soup -- maybe it just needs a little spice? Keep practicing, kale is so good for you!

Best Answer

I freeze it all the time, but cooked first. I bought all last Summer from our local Farmers' Market and froze tons of veggies, either blanched or fully cooked. As I prefer not to freeze in plastic, I used freezer canning jars.

If you are vegetarian, I can't help with a good Kale soup, but otherwise I can - Let me know. mrosedawson AT gmail.com

Did you put sausage in your soup? For me, kale just doesn't work without a ring-type sausage such as Polish. The flavors blend beautifully.

SANDY HERE. well i added a can of beef gravy to the soup. that helped alot. tastes very good now. i had to do with what i had. yes i really like kale with sausage but didnt have any. THANK YOU ALL yes i have now frozen the kale

Freezing Kale
Freezing Kale
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 22, 2008
Tuscan Soup
Tuscan Soup Recipes
closeup of a cabbage
Growing Brassicas
Kale Salad
Kale Salad Recipes
A plate of sauteed kale
Recipes Using Kale
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 2:24:51 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.