Browsing: Freezing Kale

Can I Freeze Kale?

I bought a bag of kale yesterday and used part of the bag in soup today. Can I freeze the other part of the bag? I am actually disappointed with the soup. It needs something else and I can't figure out what it is but not more kale.

Sandy from Baltimore

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Blanch it for a few minutes. It can be frozen like spinach or any other vegetable.

Refrigerate the kale and blanch it tomorrow night.

Add some sliced almonds and a little chili pepper or chili powder to give it a little "punch." Mix with a small amount of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar and you've got a wonderful side dish.

You might want to try sprinkling some cayenne pepper and chili pepper in your soup -- maybe it just needs a little spice? Keep practicing, kale is so good for you!

Did you put sausage in your soup? For me, kale just doesn't work without a ring-type sausage such as Polish. The flavors blend beautifully.

SANDY HERE. well i added a can of beef gravy to the soup. that helped alot. tastes very good now. i had to do with what i had. yes i really like kale with sausage but didnt have any. THANK YOU ALL yes i have now frozen the kale

I freeze it all the time, but cooked first. I bought all last Summer from our local Farmers' Market and froze tons of veggies, either blanched or fully cooked. As I prefer not to freeze in plastic, I used freezer canning jars.

If you are vegetarian, I can't help with a good Kale soup, but otherwise I can - Let me know. mrosedawson AT gmail.com

August 14, 2011 Flag

Can you freeze kale and how?

By a kats

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes. First, clean the leaves and trim away the thick middle vein. Chop the leaf into pieces. Blanch for two minutes in a pot of boiling water, then chill in cold water and drain in a colander. Use a plastic ziploc bag for storage.

Freezing Kale
Freezing Kale
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 22, 2008
Tuscan Soup
Tuscan Soup Recipes
closeup of a cabbage
Growing Brassicas
Kale Salad
Kale Salad Recipes
A plate of sauteed kale
Recipes Using Kale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 10:59:00 PM on 10.0.2.6 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.