Sautéed Kale Recipe
Kale makes a great addition to just about any meal, as a healthy side dish. Here is a fantastic sautéed kale recipe
you can make quickly to go with any meal.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have a lot of kale growing, and found this recipe from The NY Times food section. It did not disappoint.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7-9 minutes
Total Time: 12-14 minutes
Source: NY Times
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed, with leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock, white wine or water
- dash salt, pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Heat oil in the pan. Sauté onion until translucent and garlic until soft.
- Add kale and stock. Stir to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on high heat until wilted and soft, but still very green.
- Uncover and cook 1-2 minutes more, until all the liquid is absorbed.
Add the salt, peppers and orange juice. Mix to combine.
August 15, 20170 found this helpful
This looks great, Judy; thanks for posting! My kale is growing so big and fast I can barely keep up. This recipe will certainly help.
August 16, 20170 found this helpful
I'm glad you can use it.