Sautéed Kale Recipes
Kale makes a great addition to just about any meal, as a healthy side dish. Here is a fantastic sautéed kale recipe
you can make quickly to go with any meal.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A great way to prepare "the world's healthiest vegetable".
- 1 bag of kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Dash oregano
- Dash basil
- Salt and pepper
Cook the kale in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the leaves start to wilt.
Once the kale cooks down, stir in the garlic, olive oil, spices, lemon juice, and vinegar. Cook for a few more minutes until flavors have blended.
|Time:||10 Minutes Preparation Time|
10 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Family Recipe
By Mockey from Cortez, CO
This is a simple way to make kale come alive in taste, texture, and presentation. The Parmesan makes it creamy while the lemon juice keeps it lively. The elegant little chips of garlic look so dainty sitting on top of the kale. This makes a wonderful appetizer or side dish.
I do not add salt to this dish as the Parmesan is enough for me, but you can add some if you desire.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel garlic and slice each clove into very thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat and slowly fry until they are browned and crisp.
- Remove garlic but keep all the oil in the pan for the kale.
- Add the kale to pan over medium-low heat and stir until wilted, a few minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add lemon juice. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer kale to serving dish and place garlic chips on top.
I have a lot of kale growing, and found this recipe from The NY Times food section. It did not disappoint.