Garlic Chip Parmesan Kale
This is a simple way to make kale come alive in taste, texture, and presentation. The Parmesan makes it creamy while the lemon juice keeps it lively. The elegant little chips of garlic look so dainty sitting on top of the kale. This makes a wonderful appetizer or side dish.
I do not add salt to this dish as the Parmesan is enough for me, but you can add some if you desire.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel garlic and slice each clove into very thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat and slowly fry until they are browned and crisp.
- Remove garlic but keep all the oil in the pan for the kale.
- Add the kale to pan over medium-low heat and stir until wilted, a few minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add lemon juice. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer kale to serving dish and place garlic chips on top.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!