Self Cleaning Feature Stains the Oven

My Mother has a self-cleaning oven as do I. When she uses the self-cleaner it makes a yellowish stain above the door. Mine does not do that. How can we remove this stain? We have tried a variety of cleaners and I thought for sure the Magic Eraser would take it off but didn't! Any help is appreciated.

Michele from Western, KY

Try a Mr. Clean magic eraser. It's only $1.88 or so for 2 and it works on the toughest stains while still be "safe".

oops I guess I should've read your entire post LOL. I just read the end.

My Maytag does that, there are vents under the lock. Yesterday I was disgusted (lots of grease too?) and I doused it with window cleaner and scrubbed with a tooth brush, then detailed with q-tips. I eventually got the handle clean, but there is still a yellow haze. I'm going to try lighter fluid after the kids go to bed (fumes and all) the stove is next to the living room entrance. I'll let you know how it works!

I just tried the lighter fluid (ronosol) and barely made a dent! It got some gunk off, but did nothing for the stain. My model isn't available for on-line brochure, so I'll have to look more into it later.

I had a yellowish film on my stove's console where the oven vents; I had washed and scrubbed with lots of kitchen type cleaners and finally decided that at least I knew it was "clean" if not white.

Then one day I washed my whole kitchen (appliances, counters and floor) with MURPHY'S OIL SOAP and water. The yellow stain on my stove wiped right off - NO SCRUBBING!! I was dumbfounded. It left a GREAT shine on my floors, too with no rinsing!

Murphy's Oil Soap did no make a dent on similar stain on my oven

I ran out of my Murphy's or I'd be using that too! Yes (guess I had a blonde moment) and that should work! I clean EVERYTHING with that too, especially the parts of our center car console, my hubby couldn't believe it when I did it, and makes the best carwash!

Kitchen Oven
Cleaning Heat Stains on Kitchen Stoves
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 8, 2006
Man Greeting the Dawn
Building Self Confidence and Self Esteem
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Water Feature
Making a Water Feature