Help Getting a Car for Low Income Families

By dragonwings 2

I am a single mother living in a rural area, I live in the U. P. of Michigan I am trying to find a legitimate organization or charity that can help me obtain a car. I am a college student in a area where there is no state transportation like a "bus service". I would need to know the organization and if possible a contact person or a web link. I truly appreciate any help, if any. Thanks a lot.

By dragonwings from Kingsford, MI

Showing: Answers Sort

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

http://save.lovetoknow.com/Free_Cars_for_Low_Income_Families

Also found this link on the same website which will help you find a vehicle.

http://www.opportunitycars.com/index.htm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

Ask your case manager at the Department of Social Services. There is an organization where I live in South Dakota that does that but they have more people waiting for the cars that they get donated. If I remember right here they call the program Wheels to Work. It has to be single parent families and they have to have the cars so that they can drop their kids off at daycare or school and then go on to work. I have two sisters that make fun of me for preferring to live in larger towns. I live in the biggest town in SD, but there are so many advantages to living in larger towns like bus service and being I'm a senior citizen and it is hard for me to get around our library has a group of volunteers that deliver large tote bags of books to homebound people on a monthly basis, then there are cabs, and a paratransit bus service operated by the city plus the regular buses. That is just my thought about the choices between rural areas and larger areas. We grew up in a rural area, and when I told my one sister who is housebound about the library service she said "oh that would be so nice." Plus where I live compared to them I live far enough south in SD that in the winter it is usually a few degrees warmer than up there.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Better Living Charity AdviceDecember 22, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
A repair man fixing a leaky roof.
Finding Home Repair Help for Low Income Families
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:47:02 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings