Help Getting a Car for Low Income Families

Being without a car often exacerbates the problems already resulting from living on a low income. There are legitimate agencies that might be able to help, but be wary of dealers that cater to customers with bad credit. This page contains several suggestions for agencies to research.

I am a single mother living in a rural area, I live in the U. P. of Michigan I am trying to find a legitimate organization or charity that can help me obtain a car. I am a college student in a area where there is no state transportation like a "bus service". I would need to know the organization and if possible a contact person or a web link. I truly appreciate any help, if any. Thanks a lot.

By dragonwings from Kingsford, MI

Answers

Best Answer

save.lovetoknow.com/Free_Cars_for_Low_Income_Families
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best Answer

Ask your case manager at the Department of Social Services. There is an organization where I live in South Dakota that does that but they have more people waiting for the cars that they get donated. If I remember right here they call the program Wheels to Work. It has to be single parent families and they have to have the cars so that they can drop their kids off at daycare or school and then go on to work. I have two sisters that make fun of me for preferring to live in larger towns. I live in the biggest town in SD, but there are so many advantages to living in larger towns like bus service and being I'm a senior citizen and it is hard for me to get around our library has a group of volunteers that deliver large tote bags of books to homebound people on a monthly basis, then there are cabs, and a paratransit bus service operated by the city plus the regular buses.

That is just my thought about the choices between rural areas and larger areas. We grew up in a rural area, and when I told my one sister who is housebound about the library service she said "oh that would be so nice." Plus where I live compared to them I live far enough south in SD that in the winter it is usually a few degrees warmer than up there.

Best Answer

Yees there are various sources to have a free car for low income family find here carsforyourhelp.com/.../

My mother has been here in Atlanta, with me since September. She lives in rural Georgia, where there is no public transportation and she lives 7 miles from any stores or anything. She has been on disability since 2004 due to an injury. She gets $732 a month from Social Security.

She had paid for her car, which she has to have. She came here to avoid hurricane Irma, but when it hit, her car got destroyed. Two trees in a homeowner's yard next door to me, came down and destroyed her car and the homeowner's insurance refused to pay saying it was a act of nature and her automobile insurance said it was parked on private property and they're not liable.

I am a single parent and have been out of work for over a year, working with a temp service and just started working a steady job about a month ago and can't help her. She pays her rent by sending it through Western Union to keep her place, but has not been there since September.

I hurt to see her sleeping in my living room on the sofa every nite and being uncomfortable. I try to get her to sleep with me, but she won't. I see her going down more and more everyday and there is nothing I can do to help. I have a 17 year old in their last year of high school and a 19 year old that's in tech school. I don't know what to do to try and help. I don't have a car, but I have public transportation. Can somebody please tell me is there anything I can do to help her?

Answers

Best Answer

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
www.BenefitsCheckUp.org

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.
Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with.

The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.

Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states. Visit the online site for locations:
www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

Best Answer

Visit vehicles for change here:www.vehiclesforchange.org/.../

Does anyone know if there is a possible way for me to get a car in Cullman, Alabama at a low down payment and payment program?

Answers

Best Answer

If you are in a rural area, you can check this site: www.aecf.org/.../

Best Answer

I see free cars on freecycle all the time. If you can save a little offer up has nice sale. Offerup.com

Better Living Charity AdviceDecember 20, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-23 09:06:36 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️