Filling Smaller Soda Bottles

Yep, I moved again! I am helping my sister-in-law get through pancreatic cancer. And it's because of her weakness that I came up with something to help her. She is pretty independent and while I do the heavier stuff, she is still trying to come up with things that let her do things herself.

Because she is weak, we came up with a way to transfer heavy soda bottle contents into smaller bottles, and she doesn't even have to lift the bottles. We simply lay them on their sides, after starting the first bottle "sink side" with the smaller bottle in the sink, and let gravity do all the work! When the first bottle is full, she simply lifts up the opening about 1/2 inch and switches to an empty bottle. Not only does she not have to lift the 2 liter bottle out of the fridge, she can now just pull out a smaller bottle when she needs one. This would also work for juice, milk, or just about any larger liquid container.

She takes on a task that wouldn't have bothered her 6 months ago, and saves room in the fridge. Win/Win! Hope this helps someone who is fighting fatique from any ailment.
PBP

By Poor But Proud from Lake Zurich, IL

You are a real treasure to help her in this way. May the Lord bless and keep you for that. As for the tip, brilliant is the fanciest word I can think of to describe it. Thank you for sharing!

PBP, I always knew you were special, this is just confirmation. I'll keep your sis-in-law, and you and family, in prayer.

By the way, this is a little similar to our technique here at home for milk, but without the work. Hubby gets pints of 2% milk from Meals on Wheels. He hates 2%, but I don't mind. I've discovered, even though I'm strong enough to manage an almost-full gallon, the pints are far easier for me to manage. Now instead of wrestling the big jug to add a little milk to my morning coffee, I simply open a pint. A pint is also the perfect size to pour over a bowl full of cereal.

In a wheelchair doing laundry.
Organizing Your Home When You Have a Disability
Better Living FamilyJanuary 27, 2011
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling
🎉
🎄