Separating Old Currency That is Stuck Together

I would like to know how to separate money bills that are stuck together? They are old and got wet, then dried. Please note that they are very dry, so I'm afraid they will break up. Please help.

By afaf

I would rewet the bills and see if they will separate on their own. If not, try using aluminum foil between bill corners sliding gently between and rewetting difficult areas. I haven't tried this idea out to see if it does work.

Yes, or try steaming them open by holding over a boiling pot of water. carla

I suggest you take them to a bank. Let them help you or replace the money, good luck.

I was going to say take them to the bank too! You don't want to mess with them at all my yourself and the bank will know what to do to be able to restore them. Even if they can't be restored they will honor them and replace them! Money is replaced all the time! Ask for your bank manager when you take them in!

Take them to your bank as it has already been stated banks do this sort of thing daily so leave this problem in the hands of someone who knows what to do AND if they should mishandle the money they will replace it IF the serial numbers are still intact.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you go & do...good luck!

Paper money.
Separating Paper Currency That is Stuck Together
Home and Garden Repair OtherNovember 12, 2009
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
Photos That are Stuck Together
Separating Photos That are Stuck Together
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
pots and pans stuck together
Separating Dishes that are Stuck Together
🎄
🍂