Microwave Turns on But Doesn't Heat Food

My Delonghi microwave lights up, and the turntable works, but it doesn't heat. Any ideas? Cheers.
Marg from England

By Marg from England

This happened to us. You're element has gone out & you'll need to buy a new microwave (or one at the thrift store). In the USA you can get one for only $25. I paid $50 & got a really nice one. I was surprised at how cheep they are!

* This doesn't apply to burned-out elements, but for other microwave problems. I have a friend that used to repair microwaves back in the 70's when they were costly & he told me that what kills most microwaves is people slamming the microwave's door. Tell your family to always shut the microwave's door quietly & gently & your microwave will last many years longer!

Guess that's it then. Off to the shop. Thanks Cyinda, also for the tip about shutting the door gently. All the best Marg.

Before you replace it. or buy a new element, try unplugging it for about 5 minutes. Then plug it back in. Sometimes it just needs a reset.

These answers are a joke as my microwave cost 300.00

Photo of a microwave oven.
Repairing a Microwave That Won't Heat
Home and Garden Repair Appliances MicrowaveDecember 7, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:47:06 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.