Microwave No Longer Heats?

I put an envelop in the microwave to open it and now my microwave works, but does not heat.

By kita

I doubt the envelope had anything to do with this. Certainly it was a coincidence your microwave stopped heating at this time. If it is still under warranty, you can get it repaired but otherwise it will probably be cheaper to get a second-hand microwave than to try to get this one repaired.

If you still want to try, figure out who the maker is and model #. Google the manufacturer. If you can find an email for them, tell them what's going on. They may respond.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks

I also doubt whether the envelope had anything to do with it, unless you ran the microwave for a long time - several minutes, which might damage it. We are warned not to operate microwaves with nothing inside them, and I would think that an envelope would count as "nothing".

I agree with the previous poster. If your microwave is on warranty, you might get it replaced, but if it is not, you will likely have to get a new one. You might want to check out the instruction booklet that came with your machine; it will give you a website or toll free number. Otherwise, watch for sales or yard sales. I once got one for $5 at a yard sale.

i think your microwae just up and died !!// as with a lot of things, it is probably time to get a new one, rather than fix. probably cheaper..

Home and Garden Repair Appliances MicrowaveJanuary 4, 2015
🍂
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Microwave-No-Longer-Heats.html