Recipes Using Leftover Chips

What do you do with the broken corn chips at the bottom of the bag? I'm sick of throwing them out into the compost. Sometimes half the bag seems to be crumbs. I've tried crushing them and adding them to my bread baking, but I don't like the final result. Any reasonable suggestions welcome. I'm basically a whole foods cook and this is about the closest I get to prepared food.

By quiltmum from Canada

I make Frito Chili Pie. It doesn't matter that the chips are crumbled up.

Frito Chili Pie

Layer in ingredients into a casserole dish (size depends upon size you want to make). Bake in oven at 350 degrees F. until hot all the way through. My family loves it.

You can also use them on top of your favorite casserole dishes in place of bread crumbs! I use what I have on hand. Crushed chips of any kind that I think will complement the dish, bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs of any type!

When my son was in primary school, the class made potato chip cookies. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe anymore (after 25+ years I don't know why!), but I'm sure it would be available somewhere on the internet. Hope this helps a little bit.

I grind them up in my food processor and use them like bread crumbs for breading fish and chicken.

Make chilaquiles. Heat taco sauce in a skillet and stir in the broken chips. When all is hot, top with a little cheese and allow it to melt. This works even if the chips are stale.

I know you're asking about recipes but I set mine out for the birds but you could also try using them in a salad instead of croutons ;-)

We have a restaurant here in Harrisburg, PA that serves a Cowboy Crunch burrito using the last bits in the chip bag:

12" tortilla, refried beans, brown rice (or white), meat (buffalo, chicken or steak), cheese, veggies (lettuce, toms, onion, jalapenos), Ranch dressing and chip crumbs. Fab!

Thank you one and all for these suggestions. There are so many. I think I have two winners: Jazalay and Cumberland. I am going to try these two first. :)

Eat them! That's is they aren't stale... if they are give them to birds, hand them to your kids to feed the birds at the park. Great for families to have fun!

Leftover Tortilla Chips
Using Leftover Tortilla Chips
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversAugust 22, 2009
Corn Chips in Vegan Nachos
Recipes Using Corn Chips
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
bowl of pita chips
Homemade Pita Chips Recipes
Paint Chips
Crafts Using Paint Chips