Brown Ground Turkey For "Faux" Hamburger

The economy is tough, so we are eating more ground turkey instead of ground hamburger. It is always difficult for me to get the turkey to taste less like turkey and to get brown.

Today, I put about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in the pan and let it warm before I added the turkey. I left it alone long enough to brown the bottom then I flipped it over and let that side brown. I began to break it up with the spatula. Since I was making family recipe (guess what's in it - goulash), I added some chopped onions and 2 cups of hot water, then I let it cook while gathering my other ingredients.

It tasted like hamburger and everyone liked it. Hope someone can benefit from this tip.

By SpookyCat from Oklahoma

Ground Turkey Burgers on Grill
Cooking with Ground Turkey
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 29, 2011
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Ground Turkey Skewers
Recipes Using Ground Turkey
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)